Lake Country Dog
Dog Walking Contract
All pets scheduled for Dog Walking Services MUST have the following form completed and submitted to us PRIOR to contracting for services. By submitting this form, “Owner” agrees to Lake Country Dog’s terms and conditions as outlined below:
- Lake Country Dog will strive to offer only sound, safe and responsible care for my dog(s). However, I recognize that Lake Country Dog is not responsible for any unintentional errors, omissions, or incorrect assertions. I understand that the recommendation of any other product or service is not a guarantee of my satisfaction with that product or service. Further, I am and will remain responsible for the actions of my dog at all times and I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lake Country Dog of any and all claims of injury, expense, costs, or damages caused by the actions of my dog while under Lake Country Dog’s care and under my own care as a result of following any instructions given to me by Lake Country Dog. I have been told by Lake Country Dog and understand the inherent risks of owning a dog, including but not limited to the risk of dog bites to myself and others. Additionally, Lake Country Dog will act with all due respect and caution in my home in my absence and I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lake Country Dog of any and all claims of damage to my home.
- In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, The Dog Walker is entrusted to use best judgement in caring for dog(s) and home. Lake Country Dog will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
- In the event of personal emergency or illness of Lake Country Dog, Owner authorizes Lake Country Dog to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth on this contract. Every attempt will be made to notify owner regarding such situation.
- In the event that Lake Country Dog is required to employ a locksmith to gain entry into Owner’s premises due to a malfunction of the lock or the failure of the Owner to leave a key, it shall be the responsibility of the Owner to reimburse for all costs incurred. The Owner expressly gives Lake Country Dog the authority to employ a locksmith on the Owner’s behalf in the event of the aforementioned occurrences.
- Key Return: I understand that keys will not be left inside Owner’s home on the date of the final scheduled visit in the event the Owner’s return is delayed and further visits are needed. Keys kept on file will be kept in a locked safe at Lake Country Dog’s offices. Keys will be marked with owners name only, no address information will be kept with the keys.
- Owner understands that contract also serves as an invoice and takes full responsibility for PROMPT payment of fees. Daily Owners will be responsible for payment on Monday for the week. Monthly Owners will be responsible for payment the 1st Monday of the month. A finance charge of 2% per month will be added to unpaid balances after 30 days. A handling fee of $25.00 will be charged on all returned checks.. In the event it is necessary to initiate collection proceedings on the Owner account, Owner will be responsible for all attorney’s fees and costs of collection. A 50% deposit is required on dog sitting assignments (e.g. long term care lasting 4 or more days), for first time Owners and Owners with a history of late payments.
- By submitting this form and contracting for Dog Walking Services, Owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about dog(s), and represents owner that all pertinent information about the dog(s) vaccinations are current, the dog(s) is free from and has not been exposed to rabies or any contagious illness within 30 days prior to beginning it services with Lake Country Dog, and that Owner’s dog(s) has no illness or behavior problem (including aggressive or biting behavior) that has not been disclosed to Lake Country Dog in writing in the Supplements. Owner agrees to indemnify and hold Lake Country Dog harmless, from and against all loss, damages or expense, including attorney’s fees, resulting from misrepresentations by Owner or Owner’s agents or resulting from Owner’s Dog(s). By providing your electronic signature and submitting this form, Owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about said dog on this contract and is the sole Owner of the dog, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.